A compilation of famous quotes that show us the positive side of mistakes.
Failure is an inherent part of life. Vital and optimistic people usually have challenges and goals to achieve, and since life sometimes does not make it easy for us, it is possible (and even desirable) that from time to time we will not be able to get away with it and sign a failure more less sounded.
Keep in mind that it is not possible to achieve everything that we set out to do. You have to accept it. Developing this tolerance for frustration will help us recover from failure and move forward with renewed energy.
- “The 53 best phrases of Success”
- “The 55 best phrases in Psychology … and their meaning”
Failure phrases you should know
Throughout history, great thinkers and philosophers have spoken out about failure, its characteristics, and the learning that comes from them.
In today’s article we have compiled great failure phrases so that you can understand and assimilate that, sometimes, we need not to achieve what we propose to value everything in which we have been successful.
1. Those who quit are more numerous than those who fail. (Henry Ford)
Only those who gave the best of themselves fail.
2. There are men who do not climb after falling. (Arthur Miller)
Of course, after a fall the only worthy possibility is to get up and move on.
3. There is no failure, except when we stop trying. (Jean Paul Marat)
Especially famous phrase of failure and that we should tattoo ourselves with fire.
4. The moral code of the end of the millennium does not condemn injustice, but failure. (Eduardo Galeano)
The great Uruguayan writer reflects on the moral precepts of globalizing liberalism.
5. We all fail to achieve our dreams of perfection, so we score ourselves on the basis of our splendid failure to achieve the impossible. (William Faulkner)
We are too strict with ourselves.
6. Failure is a great opportunity to start over with more intelligence. (Henry Ford)
Another great famous phrase about the failure of the American businessman.
7. I have not failed. I have found 10,000 solutions that don’t work. (Thomas Alva Edison)
Failure is quite relative, according to the great American inventor.
8. Failure is sometimes more fruitful than success. (Henry Ford)
And the thing is that you usually learn more from defeats than from triumphs.
9. Every failure teaches man something he needed to learn. (Charles Dickens)
Another phrase of failure that makes us reflect on the learning linked to each negative experience.
10. Winners are very lucky. If you don’t believe it, ask a loser. (Michael Levine)
Ironic famous quote about the way of thinking of people who do not know how to achieve goals.
11. After failure, the best-made plans seem absurd. (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
In the past, it is easy to criticize the strategy followed.
12. I have failed in many things, but I have never been afraid. (Nadine Gordimer)
A brave way of facing life with a great sense of responsibility.
13. Failure is the key to success. Every mistake teaches us something. (Morihei Ueshiba)
In line with other previous famous phrases.
14. There is nothing to learn from success (…). Everything is learned from failure. (David Bowie)
Thought of the great musician, recently deceased.
15. When you are successful, friends seem like a lot to you. On the other hand, when you fail, if you have a friend, it is also a lot. (Federico Moggia)
Sadly, the honeys of success also bring flies.
16. Failure fortifies the strong. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
The winning mentality is reborn when everything has gone wrong.
17. When I go into my lonely room after a failure, it doesn’t hurt me. But if I were forced to meet my wife’s questioning eyes and have to tell him that I have failed again … I couldn’t bear it. (Johannes Brahms)
Failure hurts when we feel like we’ve failed people we care about.
18. We learn from failures; not from the hits. (Bram Stoker)
The author of Dracula insists on the need to learn from mistakes.
19. (…) But, for me, failure meant allowing someone else to run my life. (Kiera Cass)
Losing freedom is the true failure of life.
20. Failure concentrates the mind which is wonderful. If you don’t make mistakes, you are not trying hard enough. (Jasper Fforde)
Another famous quote that reminds us how important it is to optimize efforts in pursuit of goals.
21. The canons of narrative in any medium are not entirely different, and the failure of loose films often lies in exaggeration and the intrusion of unwarranted subjects little connected to the heart of the original subject. (JRR Tolkien)
The author of The Hobbit, reflecting on the world of cinema.
22. A failure is a man who has made a mistake, but is unable to turn it into experience. (Elbert Hubbard)
Famous quote about the behavior of people who do not know how to accept defeats.
23. Failure is also a form of death. (Graham Greene)
A somewhat pessimistic view.
24. The success of a minute pays the failure of years. (Robert Browning)
Glory is fleeting, but it compensates for thousands of failures.
25. We can stop when we go up, but never when we go down. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Metaphor to apply in our day to day.
26. Most of the failures come from wanting to advance the time of successes. (Loved nerve)
Patience is an absolutely essential virtue.
27. When one part of the whole falls, the rest is not sure. (Seneca)
Famous phrase of the Greek philosopher that can make us think.
28. Some falls are the means of getting up to happier situations. (William Shakespeare)
Great phrase of failure (and improvement) of the British author.
- More quotes from William Shakespeare
29. You don’t get ahead by celebrating successes but by overcoming failures. (Orison Swett Marden)
Great reflection phrase about self-improvement.
30. A withdrawal is not a defeat. (Miguel de Cervantes)
If you know how to act with caution, nothing can be dishonorable.
- More phrases by Miguel de Cervantes
31. There are defeats that have more dignity than a victory. (Jorge Luis Borges)
A great thought from the Argentine author.
- Discover more phrases by Jorge Luis Borges
32. Those who see in every disappointment a stimulus for greater conquests, they have the right point of view towards life. (Goethe)
The mentality that Goethe enunciates is that of tireless fighters.
33. Success has many parents, but failure is an orphan. (John Fitzgerald Kennedy)
On the human need to get the merits, but never the mistakes.
34. Man can be destroyed, but not defeated. (Ernest Hemingway)
A free interpretation of the reader.
35. As glorious is a beautiful retreat as a gallant rush. (Baltasar Gracián)
Another phrase in order to turn the page when there is no other option.