Popular music leaves us great reflections in its lyrics.
Throughout history, music has accompanied us in all kinds of moments. Both in joys and sorrows, in situations of dejection or close emotional connection with another person (it is not uncommon to hear a couple talk about “our song”), there are many songs that have been in tune with our state of mind, that have made us vibrate or sink into the deepest of miseries.
And within them sometimes great phrases stand out, which we remember and sometimes we find ourselves repeating aloud. In this article we collect some of them.
Forty great song phrases
Below is a small collection of famous phrases from songs that, in one way or another, have made history or are part of our lives
1. “I don’t wanna miss a thing”
Phrase of the song by Aerosmith of the same title and that was recorded for the soundtrack of the movie Armaggedon.
2. “Show must go on”
Phrase from the Freddy Mercury song in which he tells us about appearances and the need to continue with our day to day regardless of what happens inside us.
3. “I’ll be watching you”
Although it has often been considered a love song, “Every Breath You Take” by The Police actually makes a difference to a situation of harassment in which the protagonist will watch every step, sigh or action that makes each day his object of desire , while wondering how it is possible that he does not realize that this person is for him.
4. “Imagine all that people, living life in peace”
Excerpt from the song “Imagine” by John Lennon, in which he spoke of the search and hope for peace.
5. “Who wants to live forever?”
Who wants to live forever? Question that gives title to one of the most iconic songs of Freddie Mercury.
6. Who can it be now?
Title and chorus of the song by the group Men at Work, indicates a feeling of annoyance at unwanted interference at the same time that it reflects a certain level of paranoia and / or instability in the character.
7. Who cares what I do? Who cares what I say? I am like that, and so I will continue, I will never change
Part of the Alaskan song that eventually became a claim for equality and gay rights. It reflects the right to be as you are regardless of what others may think.
8. “Let it be”
Phrase and title of one of the Beatles songs, which pushes us to let go of our sorrows and worries, accept things as they are and be willing to overcome them.
9. “All you need is love”
All you need is Love. This phrase from the well-known song, also by the Beatles, reflects the importance of love as one of the main forces that allows us to do anything.
10. “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world”
A well-known song by Louis Armstrong, “What a Wonderful World” tells us about seeing how beautiful the little things in life are and knowing how to appreciate how wonderful the world we live in is.
11. “Boig per tu”
Phrase from the well-known Sau song, it reflects a deep infatuation (“crazy about you”) for a person we have lost.
12. “Dust in the wind. All they are is dust in the wind “
Phrase from the song “Dust in the wind” from Kansas, reflects the passage of time and that everything has an end.
13. “Hello, darkness my old friend”
First sentence of the song “Sound of Silence” by Simon and Garfunkel, which tells us about a gray, isolated, individualistic and dehumanized world in which attempts to change things fall on deaf ears. But despite this in the intimidated times there are those who try to change things.
14. “Where is the love?”
Title and part of the chorus of a well-known Black Eyed Peas song that wonders where love has gone in today’s society.
15. “For the times they are a-changing”
Phrase from the Bob Dylan song “Times they are A-Changing”.
16. “I was made for loving you baby, you were made for loving me”
Fragment and chorus of the Kiss song “I was a mother for loving you”, tells us about how two people are made for each other.
17. “I’m on the highway to hell”
Mythical AC / DC song that pushes us to live carefree and without stopping to think, obeying our instincts.
18. “Congratulations and have yourself by hand, I’ll walk long. La felicità, he il tuo sguardo innocente in mezzo alla gente “
Small fragment of one of Al Bano’s best-known songs, “Felicità”, in which he tells us about the happiness we feel when we are with whom we want.
19. “It’s my life, and it’s now or never. I ain’t gonna live forever “
This excerpt from Bon Jovi’s song, “It’s my life”, expresses our right to live our life and ours now as we want and making the most of our time.
20. “With the lights out, it’s less dangerous. Here we are now, entertain us “
Part of the song “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana, this phrase seems to indicate the need to fight against conformism and apathy derived from fear and habituation
21. “Let’s rock, everybody let’s rock. Everybody in the whole cell block was dancing to the Jailhouse Rock “
“Jailhouse Rock” is perhaps one of Elvis Presley’s best-known songs, performed in one of the singer’s iterations in the acting world in the film of the same name. From his comes this phrase.
22. “And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I love you”
“Something stupid” is a well-known song by Frank Sinatra that tells us about love and trying to make the loved one know that it is. It has also been subsequently performed by other singers such as Robbie Williams (with the contribution of Nicole Kidman) or Michael Bublé.
23. “Non, rien de rien. Non, je ne regrette rien “
Part of the chorus of the well-known song “Rien de Rien” by Edith Piaf that expresses the absence of regret regarding what has been experienced since it can start over.
24. “Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars”
Part of the song “Fly me to the moon” by Frank Sinatra, it is a song that expresses the feelings generated by being with the loved one
25. “It’s a little bit funny, this feeling inside …”
Excerpt from one of Elton John’s best known songs, “Your Song”, an apparently simple ballad that reflects the existence of deep feelings towards someone special.
26. “Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone”
Another highly-known Elton John song, “Rocket Man”, leaves us with this phrase in its chorus that tells us about being away from home and remembering the past with nostalgia, which could serve as a metaphorical critique of what job success and success mean. fame.
27. “Billie Jean is not my lover. She’s just a girl who claims that I am the one. But this kid is not my son “
The song “Billie Jean” is along with “Thriller” one of the most popular of Michael Jackson. In this case, it is inspired by the extreme behavior that some fans can manifest.
28. “Forever trusting who we are, and nothing else matters”
This fragment is part of Metallica’s “Nothing else matters”. This song indicates to us the need to know who we are and to have things clear and base relationships on trust in oneself and in others, regardless of what others may think.
29. “When leaving, a kiss and a flower, I love you, a caress and a goodbye”
Song by Nino Bravo very recognized in which we are told about a farewell and longing for what and who we left behind.
30. “Forever young, I want to be forever young, Do you really want to live forever, forever young”
Nostalgia for lost youth and innocence (as well as the weariness and weariness of the Cold War at the time it was composed, as can be seen in its first verses), are the main theme of Alphaville’s “Forever Young”, from which this fragment arises.
31. “Summertime, and the living is easy”
This song by George Gershwin, which has subsequently been performed by many important singers such as Ella Fitzgerald or Louis Armstrong, provides us with an iconic image of summer as a time of peace and tranquility.
32. “Roxanne, you don’t have to put on the red light. Those days are over, you don’t have to sell your body to the night “
Roxanne, written by Sting of The Police, is a famous song that purports to be a representation of tango and is also widely known for appearing on Moulin Rouge. It is about a prostitute whom the protagonist tries to convince to stop exercising.
33. “And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night and he’s watching us all with the eye of the tiger”
“Eye of the Tiger” is also a widely known song belonging to the Survivor group, appearing in the movie “Rocky.”
34. “I don’t believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now”
Fragment of the song Wonderwall by Oasis, expresses the doubt that the sensations that a certain person generates can be shared by someone else.
35. “Here I am, praying for this moment to last, living on the music so fine, borne on the wind, making it mine”
The Bee Gees were another of the great known groups of the seventies. This phrase is part of the renowned song “Night Fever”
36. “I’ve got all my life to live, I’ve got all my love to give. And I’ll survive, I will survive! ”
One of Gloria Gaynor’s greatest hits is the well-known song “I will survive”, in which we are told how after abandonment we can become stronger and enjoy again, no matter how much others may hope otherwise.
37. “What I can do? ‘Cause IIIII, I’m feeling blue “
Small fragment of the song “Black is Black”, by Los Bravos. This song has the particularity of being the first great success of a Spanish group in the international market.
38. “We can be heroes, just for one day”
The recently deceased David Bowie left us a great number of remarkable and important songs throughout history. Enter them you can find “Heroes”, of which this phrase is part that indicates that we can all be heroes at some point
39. “But I’m a million different people from one day to the next. I cant change my mold, no, no, no, no, no, no, no “
Part of the song Bittersweet Symphony from “The Verve”, it expresses that we change our hypocrisy and that of society by trying to make ourselves pass as who we are not instead of facing and accepting ourselves as we are and acting based on what we believe and what we we really want.
40. “All I want for Christmas is you”
Taking advantage of the approach of Christmas, we could not close the list without adding a Christmas song. That is why we have added this phrase from Mariah Carey’s song that also forms the title of the song and that expresses that what is important is the company of those we love.