We review the most brilliant reflections of the creator of Facebook. Essential for entrepreneurs.
Mark Zuckerberg, the founding genius of Facebook, is a must-have for anyone looking to start a business.
Born in 1984 in the city of White Plains, near New York, he studied computer science at Harvard, although he would not officially finish his studies until 12 years later, when he had already founded Facebook.
- It may interest you: “The 25 best phrases of Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon)”
The best phrases of Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
The success of the social network Facebook has made Zuckerberg one of the richest people according to Forbes magazine, and an idol for entrepreneurs and Internet users around the world.
In this article we will review the best quotes of Mark Zuckerberg, as well as some quotes from his lectures, interviews and books.
- Recommended article: “75 phrases for entrepreneurs for business success”
1. Ideas have to take shape. They become a reality by working on them. Just get going.
An essential key for any project: the path is done on foot.
2. It’s great to be an idealist, but you must be prepared to be misunderstood.
Brilliant people are usually slow to receive approval from their environment.
3. Motivation is thinking that we are part of something bigger, that we are necessary, that we have a goal to work towards. Motivation is what makes us really happy.
Having goals is essential to moving towards happiness.
4. The best memory I have of Harvard was meeting Priscilla.
He talks about his wife, whom he met in the halls of college.
5. Entrepreneurship thrives when it’s easy to try a lot of different ideas. Facebook was not the first project I developed.
The ability to test ideas is what makes a project move in the right direction.
6. I want to tell you about three ways to create a world where everyone has a motivation: taking on big relevant projects together, redefining equal opportunities to have the freedom to choose our motivation and creating a global community.
One of the Zuckerberg phrases that best define his work philosophy.
6. What if we modernize democracy so that everyone can vote online and we personalize education so that everyone can learn?
Your desire to democratize all facets of public life may soon come true.
7. Everything we do will pose problems in the future, but that should not put us back.
As new and better technologies emerge, new and more complex problems appear.
8. Anyone who has initiative will always be criticized for going too fast because there is always someone who wants you to fall.
An inevitable truth that we must take into account.
9. The most important successes are achieved when there is the possibility of failure.
Otherwise, we would not discover the joy of overcoming doubts and obstacles.
10. A very simple rule of thumb for business is to start with the simplest things, so progress will come.
You don’t want to start your project wanting to cover a thousand things. Focus on one and develop it to perfection.
11. People can be very smart or have really admirable abilities, but if they don’t believe in them and their ideas, they won’t work hard for them.
The key to success is not potential, but knowing how to implement it in the right way.
12. I started in this with 19 years and without having a business idea. If I could, everyone can.
A motivating phrase for anyone who wants to start a business, at any age.
13. I think over time people are remembered for what they built, people don’t care what someone says about you in a movie. It cares what you have built.
About fame and the memory it generates in people.
14. We are looking for people who are passionate about something, who show initiative to do things for themselves.
In this reflection, he explains what his criteria are for recruiting new talents for Facebook.
15. We are all in this life to make a long-term wish come true, anything else is a mere distraction.
His vision of life is summarized in this sentence.