We review several famous quotes from the great Austrian composer.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 – 1791) was one of the most acclaimed and remembered classical composers and pianists even in our time.
Born in the cradle of classical music, Austria, he developed a precocious and incredible career in which he covered any musical style of his time, from symphonic music, through chamber music, operas, pieces for piano … His works had a diffusion that went beyond European borders.
- “72 phrases about music for music lovers like you”
- “The 35 best phrases of Ludwig van Beethoven”
Mozart quotes about music, creativity and life
To try to understand the brilliant creative mind of the master of Classicism, we have proposed to make a compilation of the best phrases of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Pure talent.
1. The most necessary, difficult and main thing in music is time.
Great phrase by Mozart about the essential element for a correct musical composition.
2. I am not interested in praise or criticism, it is enough for me to follow my own feelings.
About his ego, based on what he believed necessary for his emotional side.
3. Music is the only way to the transcendent.
Premonitory famous quote: his scores left an incomparable and immortal legacy.
4. The melody is the essence of music.
Another reflection on the art that he mastered.
5. If Germany, my beloved homeland, of which you know I am proud, does not accept me, then I must, in the name of God, stay in France or England and feel ashamed of Germany as a nation.
On which he always considered his second nation.
6. In Salzburg I don’t know who I am, I am everything and sometimes nothing, but I don’t ask so much, and at the same time I only ask that – but only something – … if I am only something, somewhere else I would know.
About his hometown, Salzburg, in a convoluted explanation.
7. The only thing I dislike about Salzburg, and I tell you with all my heart, is that no proper social relationship can be established with these people, and that music has no better reputation and that the Archbishop has no faith in people. smart people who have traveled.
A small reproach to the city that saw him born.
8. If the emperor wants me, let him pay me, because just the honor of being with him is not enough for me.
A sample of his restrained pride.
9. Death, to call it by name, is the real purpose of our life. That is why for a few years now I have made a relationship with this true friend of man.
A particular vision about death. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart died at the young age of 35.
10. There is only one thing worse than a flute, two flutes.
Pessimistic vision of Amadeus when he was commissioned to compose The Magic Flute .
11. A priest is capable of anything.
Mozart was critical of the estates of the Church.
12. Neither a sublime intelligence, nor a great imagination, nor the two things together make up genius; love, that’s the soul of genius.
The feelings translate intelligence into a work worthy of admiration.
13. It is a mistake to think that the practice of my art has become easy for me. I assure you, dear friend, nobody studies as much as I do.
A tireless student of music, he could not bear to have anyone question his commitment.
14. After God is Dad.
The first authority figure, God; the second, the lord of the house.
15. Give me the best piano in Europe, but with an audience that does not want or feel with me what I play, and I will lose all taste for performance.
On the need for the public to surrender to genius.
16. Give my dog Pimperl a portion of Spanish tobacco, a good bread and three kisses.
A nice phrase by Mozart that lets us see his most human and domestic side.
17. If I told you everything I do with your beloved portrait, you would laugh. For example, when I take him out of his dungeon, I say: good morning, darling! , Good day good day; brat, mischievous, pointed nose, chichecito.
In the line of the previous one, taking out its most tender side.
18. In an opera, poetry must necessarily be the obedient daughter of music.
The hierarchy between arts, with the aim of achieving perfect harmony.
19. No one can measure their own days, you have to resign yourself. It will happen as providence wishes.
About death. One of those Mozart phrases that alludes with a certain optimism to the idea of dying.
20. New friends, new pains.
Phrase about friendship, a necessary torment for the life of any human being.