This Danish poet and writer is famous for his children’s stories, such as The Little Mermaid or The Ugly Duckling.
Hans Christian Andersen’s phrases reveal a brilliant mind that evolved through his love for different types of artistic expression. It is in the world of children’s stories where he achieves recognition thanks to works such as The Ugly Duckling or The Snow Queen ; the stories and reflections of this Danish writer are based on a language that is as direct and simple as it is revealing.
The best phrases of Hans Christian Andersen
Below we will review the phrases of Hans Christian Andersen that better reflect his thinking, a philosophy towards the natural and a subtle humor.
1. The angel plucks a large handful of flowers and takes them with them to God, where the flowers bloom more than ever on earth
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen refers to what transcends the eternal.
2. The life of every man is a fairy tale written by the hand of the Lord
In this sentence we try to give a divine and poetic touch to our lives.
3. Traveling is living
A reflection on the life trajectory.
4. Enjoy life. There’s a long time to be dead
In simple words, talk about the need to spend more time in the present.
5. Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale
In his stories, Hans Christian Andersen only wanted to express his perception of life.
6. Most of the people who walk behind me will be children, so I will keep the steps short
On the example that we are leaving in those who are still starting.
7. My life is a beautiful, happy and eventful story
The writer openly shows us his position in life.
8. Rome is like a book of fables, on each page you find a prodigy
A way to value this city.
9. Where words fail, music speaks
Music as a way of expressing emotions.
10. When the bird of the heart begins to sing, reason too often paralyzes our ears
One of Hans Christian Andersen’s phrases in which he talks about the clash between reason and emotions.
11. “Simply living is not enough,” said the butterfly, “one must have sun, freedom and a little flower”
An analogy about living.
12. The whole world is a series of miracles, but we are so used to them that we call them ordinary things
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen brings us closer to how we value the simple but important aspects that life gives us.
13. Everything you look at can become a fairy tale and you can get a story from everything you touch
An invitation to use creativity and the various resources that you can use.
14. Death walks faster than the wind and never returns what it has taken
Hans Christian Andersen phrase about death and what it entails.
15. Being useful to the world is the only way to be happy
When you find bliss, in the act of serving.
16. It doesn’t matter if you are born in a duck yard, as long as you hatch from a swan’s egg
The environment cannot determine what we are.
17. My life will be the best illustration of all my work
Another phrase by Hans Christian Andersen relating stories to the way we exist.
18. You are a dreamer, and that is your misfortune
When we are slaves of our best qualities.
19. I have never danced so beautifully; the sharp knives cut her feet, but she did not feel it, because the pain in her heart was much greater
When emotional grief transcends any other type of pain.
20. But shouldn’t all of us on earth give the best we have to others and offer what is in our power?
This phrase by Hans Christian Andersen talks about generosity.
21. Traveling strangely expands the mind
By contacting us with different experiences we accumulate more knowledge.
22. Now he was glad that he had suffered pain and problems, because it allowed him to enjoy much better all the pleasure and happiness that surrounded him.
In this phrase by Hans Christian Andersen, the sacrifice made to achieve some goal is valued.
- Maybe you’re interested: ” 101 motivational phrases to focus on success “
23. When we get to the end of the story, he will know more than you do now
On the importance of knowing and living all the processes.
24. Since she couldn’t get close to all these wonderful things, she craved them even more
What eludes us usually becomes our dreams.
25. Well, that’s not easy to answer when the question is so stupid …
On banal questions.
26. But these are small problems, people will say. Yes, but they are drops that have holes in the rock
Each person has a different perspective on things.
27. The good and the beautiful are not forgotten; live in the legend and in the song
About doing something interesting that lasts over time, making it art.
28. Human beings … have souls that live forever, they live after the body has turned to dust. Soars through the clear, pure air beyond the bright stars
Hans Christian Andersen’s phrases often delve into the feeling of transcendence.
29. But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers much more
When we lack ways to express our emotions, the regret is greater.
30. If you look down to the bottom of my soul, you would fully understand the source of my yearning and, pity me. “Even the open and transparent lake has unknown depths, which no diver knows
Each person keeps elements that are not so pleasant or interesting for others.
31. You have become the only thought of my thought, the first love of my heart: before I had no love. I love you like no love on earth was forged, I love you now and I love you always
Quote by Hans Christian Andersen about love.
32. A human life is a story told by God
Another phrase where the poetic and divine sense applies to life.