A collection of famous quotes and reflections to keep fighting despite everything.
Epic victories are those that are achieved when we fight against adversity and the elements around us do not seem to favor us. Strength of mind and strength of heart guide us and keep us alive despite difficulties.
Epic phrases to remember
There are many epic phrases that different authors have said or written throughout history. In this article we have made a compilation that you can find below.
- “75 philosophical phrases spoken by great thinkers”
- “105 short beautiful sentences (with pictures and explanation)”
1. I believe that a hero is one who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom
A phrase about epic spoken by Bob Dylan, one of the most influential singers of all time.
2. Epic or heroism consists in being there, in trying
Although sometimes you cannot win, the important thing is to fight for it.
3. Youth is not made for pleasure but for heroism
Young people are often riskier.
4. The word ‘heroism’ has lost its epic meaning
Today people are considered heroes who are not. For example, soccer players.
5. He was one of those beings born for the greatness of a single love, for exaggerated hatred, for apocalyptic revenge and for the most sublime heroism
A description of how epic love can be.
6. A hero is anyone who does what he can
The important thing is to give the most of a person. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don’t.
7. Heroes are stronger by will to fight
One of the traits of people who manage to be epic is their ability to fight.
8. True heroism is transforming wishes into reality and ideas into action.
A great quote from Alfonso Rodríguez Castelao, a Galician politician.
9. Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy
Heroes are because they appear in the most difficult moments.
10. In the epic we find the victorious feats
Heroism and victory go hand in hand in epic moments.
11. Recklessness changes its name when it succeeds. So it’s called heroism
The epic is associated with victory, otherwise the act itself would have no reward.
12. Feed the spirit with great thoughts. Faith in heroism makes heroes
The winning spirit is present during the epic events.
13. It turns out that they are more afraid than we are. So is that just, and nothing more than that, what is called heroism? Did I do it for the homeland? And what fault is it that man with his blue eyes and his dimple on his chin? How scared I was! He thought he was going to kill him! Why would I kill him? My hand shook. And they gave me the cross of St. George! I don’t understand anything, nothing.
Heroism is not without fear, but it fights against it.
15. A happy life is impossible. The highest end to which a man must aspire is a heroic career
One should not give up on his positive attitude whatever happens.
16. The cult of heroism exists, has existed and will exist forever in the consciousness of humanity
Heroes are always rewarded, but when victory is achieved.
17. Regarding its characteristics, it must be said that the epic is related to the narrative genre, but there may be dialogues and descriptions. The epic can be written in both prose and verse, usually verses of great length. Sometimes the epic is related to other genres, such as theater or romance
Epic is a narrative genre but it is also used in theater.
18. Let’s go back to those happy days when there were heroes
A quote about heroism, which states that there are fewer and fewer heroes.
19. After all, a hero is someone who wants to argue with the gods, thus weakening the demons to combat their vision
A phrase that invites the reader to reflect on the role of heroes.
20. The epic cannot be understood without effort and victory
Epic moments occur when these two conditions are met.
21. Heroes are often unknown
The role of heroes is not always recognized.
22. A hero is a hero in all senses and ways, and above all, in the heart and in the soul
Heroes are pure and kind hearted.
23. Heroism can save a people in difficult circumstances; but what makes it great is the daily accumulation of small virtues
The great epic events in history signify the victory of a people.
24. The epic is related to heroic events and with an extraordinary dimension
To be considered epic, an event must be heroic and colossal.
25. When man does some heroic deed or some strange virtue and feat, then he is born again and takes on other better parents
When someone is a hero, they change other people’s lives for the better.
26. Heroism, in my case, consists exclusively in not having allowed myself to die of hunger and thirst for ten days
A quote from Gabriel García Márquez that appears in the book “Relato de un Náufrago”.
27. Fulfilling one’s duty is worth more than heroism
A quote that talks about heroism and the duty of people.
28. Patience is the most heroic of all appearance of heroism.
Being patient is one of the great virtues of heroes.
29. In many cases we find noble and heroic motives for acts that we have committed without knowing or inadvertently
Sometimes heroic acts appear unintentionally, simply following the heart.
30. Suffering, love, sacrifice, heroism, generosity, cruelty, greed, are universal values, positive or negative, even if they occur in men and women
A list of positive values for people, in which heroism appears, of course.
31. When fear is overcome and success is achieved, then one can speak of heroism
The battles suffered are those that lead to epic victories.
32. History has taught me that epic acts only appear in defeats and disasters
It is in difficult situations that victories are valued.
33. Heroism was something invented for those who lack a future
A phrase of heroism and epic that invites the reader to reflect in depth.
34. Only in adverse fortune are the great lessons of heroism found
It is in difficult moments that heroic deeds are valued.
35. The epic only makes sense when the results are positive
The same situation can be considered epic only when victory is present.
36. The man who in a humble sphere does what he can, acts more heroically than the one who, in a higher sphere, omits a noble action that was in his hand
Humility is an essential characteristic of heroes.
37. Let us learn to always wait without hope; is the secret of heroism and epic
The victories worked are great victories.
38. Heroes Make Epic Victories Possible
Those who achieve epic victories will be considered heroes.
39. Heroism is to be commended
Whoever gives his life as a hero is a winner.
40. Heroism is honored
True heroes have a noble heart.
41. There is no hero in solitude; sublime acts are always determined by the enthusiasm of many
When someone gets to be someone’s hero, they will never be forgotten.
42. Heroism feels and never reasons; that’s why he is always right
Heroes are carried away by the heart more than by reason.
43. Wretched the country that needs heroes
Heroes emerge when things go wrong.
44. Thinking against the current of time is heroic; say it, crazy
A curious phrase that deals with heroism.
45. The good success, makes heroic victors, the bad, vile traitors
Winners are often considered heroes, losers are not.
46. True heroism consists in turning thoughts into truth and thoughts into deeds
You can be your own hero if you take action.
47. It takes a moment to make a hero and a whole life to make a good man
Many times we fail to see the true heroes who fight every day.
48. We consider that the feeling of duty, deeply rooted in a man’s nature, is capable of containing for three hours the sea of insanity that is drowning him. But from such mental heroism, reason does not recover
A few words that deal with mental heroism, that which is in tune with the heart.
49. My friends, it is not too late to find a new world, I maintain the purpose of going beyond sunset, it is true, we do not have the same strength as in the old days, it moved heaven and earth, we are what we are, men of identical temper in heroic hearts
A reflection that appeared in the movie “The club of dead poets.”
50. Heroism is a universal value that all human beings should possess.
We should all be heroes and not stop fighting for our personal development.
51. Dare is only heroism
A phrase pronounced by the writer Félix José Reinoso.
52. Every Christian without heroism is a pig
The French writer Leon Bloy delivered this interesting reflection.